BUP Bangabandhu Chair
Bangladesh University of Professionals (BUP) has established ‘Bangabandhu Chair’ to preserve the spirit of national culture, heritage, and traditions along with glorious history of the nation and national heroes. Currently, the Bangabandhu Chair is under the Center for Higher Studies and Research (CHSR) and subsequently, the center will be transformed to a full-fledged research institute.
‘Bangabandhu Chair’ aims to conduct advanced research on the life, works and contribution of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman with a view to materializing his dream of ‘Sonar Bangla’ (Golden Bengal) into reality and subsequently leading to sustainable socio-economic development of the country. The main goal of the Chair is to strengthen the research and innovation capacity of this university for producing high quality researchers and in-depth studies on issues related to the historical background of the emergence of Bangladesh and its development journey towards achieving a sustainable future.
A prominent academician will be appointed as ‘Bangabandhu Chair Professor’. In addition to Professorship, there will be 10 to 15 research fellows amongst the researchers of BUP to carry out studies on different aspect of Bangabandhu’s life and work as well as on Bangladesh. The scope of the research work will cover following six phases:
(1) The eventful and struggling life of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and his quest for the emancipation of the Bengali nation (17 March 1920 – 15 August 1975).
(2) The glorious past and history of Bengali Nation (Until 1947).
(3) The 25-year struggle for independence and preparation for liberation war under the leadership of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. (Until 1970).
(4) The declaration of Independence and the glorious liberation war under the leadership of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman (1971).
(5) Reconstruction of newly independent and war-torn Bangladesh and the journey towards implementing the ‘Golden Bengal’ under the leadership of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
(6) Materializing the dream of Bangabandhu’s Golden Bengal and making Bangladesh a developed country upholding continuous progress.
BUP is deeply committed to promote high quality research to contribute to the knowledge based society in the country imbued with the spirit of great Liberation war. Bangabandhu Chair is no doubt a significant milestone in patronizing researchers including faculty members of BUP to study different aspects of his life, work and contribution to Bangladesh and its journey towards sustainable development.